Hello Guys ,
Do you want to learn how to use Spring Boot to create engaging applications? Do you want to learn it in few minutes instead of suffering for days trying to read long documentation ?
Are you a Spring Developer looking to hone your skills in Java and Spring and catch a new professional opportunity ?
Along the course , we are going to build a practical application from start to finish step by step ( as it’s a real word project ) .
We will practice together all these key technologies by integrating it to Spring Boot :
You will learn
- Spring Boot Basics
- Spring Boot Advanced Configuration | More On Properties | YAML
- Spring Boot Data( jpa , mongodb ,rest , redis )
- Spring Boot JPA / JTA ( ATOMIKOS )
- Spring Boot + AWS S3 Storage
- Spring Boot Cache with JCache Provider integration : EhCache / Redis / Infinispan )
- Spring Boot Logging with Logback
- Testing Spring Boot ( advanced option ) + Mockito Integration
- Spring Boot AOP capabilities
- Spring Boot Web Configuration + Rest Webservices
- Dockerizing a Spring Boot
- Spring Boot 2 + Angular 7 Integration
- Other Surprises
While we are creating this application together we will take a look at some of the new features Spring Framework 5 & Spring Boot 2 have to offer.
So Let’s start our journey !
Where Can I find code source of this tutorial ?
A long the course , I will share with you all the code source explained in detail , I created a GitLab Group java-ways which I made it public to you .
Under this group you will find all resources in spring-boot project
Feel free to clone the develop branch in order to practise with me each step 🙂
You can clone the project via these links :
Part 1 Prerequisite
This is what we need and gain from this Part 1 :
- You have an attitude to learn while having fun 🙂
- You have programming experience with Spring Framework ( version 3 or later ) and Java 7 or 8
- A computer that can run Java + IntelliJ or Eclipse
- You know just what’s Spring Boot but you didn’t practice it .
A quick taste of Spring Boot
At the develop branch , You will find a very simple Spring Boot project which will be our starter project to develop more interesting features step by step .
Each next step in this project alongside this serie of tutorials will be based in this simple example + New Feature to develop .
I created this project via the Spring Initializr tool which is a quick generator for spring projects .
Download the project and import it to your favorite IDE .
But Explain to me this first Simple Spring Boot Project !
So , I suggest you clone this project in your desktop and start to get hands dirty with Spring Boot 🙂
You need just to setup JDK version 8 or later and Maven ( personally I installed maven version 3.5.4 which is adequate with Spring Framework 5 )
You need also to edit code via an IDE , I used for this tutorial IntelliJ IDEA Community 2017.2.5
Let’s take a first look inside sources files of the project
This is how it looks inside my IDE :
Don’t worry , I will explain in detail all what source files in this maven project :[table “5” not found /]
Run project , in your console tab you should see :
Check the test Class :
Finally , I hope you enjoyed my first simple introduction about Spring Boot , Please note that this is a first basic article , I will cover advanced Spring BOOT auto-configuration options in detail in my next post , stay tuned 🙂
Hello , I am a Software Technical Leader / Lover / Speaker / Blogger / Trainer with over 9 years of experience in designing and developing financial and telecommunication large scale enterprise applications using Web / Java/JEE technologies.
Open to multi-culture customers and workplaces, I help companies and individuals build scalable
Web Applications using last proved web technologies and enterprise software architectures.